Monday, November 15, 2010

9 Months Old


Kadin is nine months old today! He has finally started sleeping through the night! That is the most exciting event that has occurred in the last month. I am so happy to finally be able to sleep through an entire night again.

He has started clapping and waving too. It is cute to watch. He will clap when someone around him claps (even if it is just the TV) and sometimes I can get him to do it when I sing pat-a-cake to him.

He is cruising around the furniture and making me very nervous that it won't be too long before he is walking. Last night he was walking along the ottoman and decided to let go and take a step toward me. He went down, of course, but I'm not even ready for him to make an attempt. Kyler started walking just after his first birthday and I was hoping it would take Kadin that long as well.

He is still taking full advantage of being able to crawl. He is fast and goes where he wants and gets into whatever he can. The other night he finished his dinner faster than the rest of us so he was playing nicely with toys on the floor. He crawled away and I could hear him chattering so let him go for a minute before I went to check on him. When I went looking, it took me a minute, but then I noticed him standing at the top of the stairs staring happily down at me from behind the railing. I let out a little scream (probably not a good idea when your child is at the top of the stairs) and scared him a bit, but he was fine. I guess it's time to put a gate at the bottom of the stairs.

Kadin is also a chatterbox. He seems to be a bit shy around new people, but as soon as he warms up, he doesn't stop talking. It seems like his favorite time to talk loudly is during church. I have taken him out of sacrament meeting and sunday school a couple of times because he is talking so loud and I'm afraid the people around us won't be able to hear anything.

He is his daddy's pal! He is always so happy to see Eric. His face lights up anytime Eric enters the room. I am so happy that both of my boys love their daddy so much!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't seem like 9 months ago that I was with you in Henderson for his birth. Time goes by too fast. What a cute, sweet guy he is. Love ya, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping thru the night is HUGE cause for celebration. Congratulations on that!

    ReplyDelete