There were four little boys ages 2 to 4 so we did a little treasure hunt for them. At each different stop on their hunt, they found something to help transform them into pirates (hats, swords, tattoos, and gold coins). The actual hunting part was a little over their heads, but they liked getting their prizes and they all looked very cute decked out pirate style. They had a great sword fight, which was not only fun for them, but quite entertaining for the adults to watch too.
I drew a pirate and made patches for each of the boys so we could play pin the patch on the pirate, but decided to forgo that part because I wasn't sure how interested they would be after they had their swords and had gotten out every toy in the house :)
Next, we ate. We got pizza and I made bread stick swords and gold coin jigglers and cake balls that were supposed to look like cannon balls.
We spent a lot of time visiting and trying to corral the boys. I almost forgot about presents and cake and ice cream. Eric saw a pirate ship cake online and thought we should have that for the party. I can bake, but I'm no good at carving cakes so I told him he could try it if he wanted. He tried and I think it turned out great.
Eventually we got to the presents and was quite pleased! Here is the loot.
Here are the some of the decorations.
On Kyler's actual birthday, he decided that he wanted muffins for breakfast. We made muffins and he got to blow out a candle.
Later that night, we skyped with my parents and Kyler opened more presents.
He was happy with it all and I had fun planning. Overall, I think it was a success.

What a fun birthday party! I love Kyler's bed. Good job Eric. Happy birthday to Kyler~
ReplyDelete*If you go to google.com today (11/13) the google logo is pirate oriented~
**Darling header picture~
Looks like a fun time! I love the sword bread sticks. See ya in a few days!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Wow! I can't believe he is 3! He is so handsome. What a fun party!
ReplyDelete