Well, I can't believe I have a three year old. Kyler turned three yesterday. He is growing up so fast! Kyler is such a funny little guy. He makes me laugh every day. These are a couple of the funny things he has said recently.
He has decided that naps are unnecessary and he only actually naps a couple of times a week (NOOOO!). I still put him down for a nap every day though because we both still need that break from each other. Anyway, one day he came out of his room after not taking a nap and informed me that "a lady on my radio was singing 'I'll Stand By You' and I was crying because you wouldn't stand by me."
One day I asked him if someone was pretty and he smiled shyly and said "No, Allyson is pretty." Allyson is one of his babysitters. Uh-oh! I didn't know this began so soon.
He is a smart one too. He picks up on things so quickly, especially the things I don't want him to. He knows his colors and shapes, recognizes his name, sings the alphabet, counts to 16 without missing any numbers, identifies the numbers 1, 3, and 5 and the letters K, Y, L, E, R, A ,B, and X (we do a "secret letter" every week).
Kyler loves to read! His favorite book changes weekly. He loves to read anything. We read every day before his nap, every night before bed, and random times during the day. He also loves to listen to people sing. Right now his favorite song is "Godspeed" by the Dixie Chicks. We aren't huge country music fans in our house, but this song is a sweet little lullaby for any of you with boys, even if you are a Dixie Chicks hater. I sang it to him one night a couple of weeks ago and now I have to sing it to him at least twice a day.
He loves to play with all of his pirate toys and any sort of balls. We spend a lot of time playing football or shooting hoops. He likes to color and paint and play Hungry Hippos. He loves to sword fight! He enjoys riding his bike and just being outside. He likes to build legos with Eric.
Being a mom is definitely not always sunshine and roses, it is hard work! Kyler has his cute and sweet moments, but we are right in the midst of the "terrible twos" and I hear three just gets worse (crossing my fingers that it's not). Some days I am at my wits end, but I have hope that at some point all of the screaming, hitting, and pushing will be a distant memory. For right now, I will just try to hold on to the cute things he does to get me through the rough patches.
Here are some of his favorites things
Color: blue
Shirt: pirate monkey
Treat: swedish fish or popcorn
Movie: Peter Pan
TV Show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Songs to sing: Alphabet and Yo-Ho (from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride)
Food: pasta or pizza and any kind of fruit

Very sweet! I'm still giggling about 'I'll stand by you'
ReplyDeleteDon't believe what people say -- three is so much sweeter than two.
Happy Birthday to the little guy! Good job with all the party stuff. I'm impressed. I'm so sorry to say this but everything you hear about 3's being worse than 2 is true. In some ways it is better though because they start to communicate better and understand more.
ReplyDeleteI love the song stories. The "Godspeed" song is one of my favorites. I can't hear it without crying. It reminds me of my friend, Bethany, who died and left two boys behind. "Oh my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings. Godspeed. Sweet dreams." Ahhh-it gets me just thinking about it. How sweet that he loves it.