Sunday, September 18, 2011

Proposal

Seven years ago today, Eric asked me to marry him. It was one of the best and happiest days of my life. Here is the story:

We had discussed marriage and had been ring shopping so I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. On a Friday night, we had been out and when he took me home, he left me with an envelope and a camera. He told me I would need the camera the following day and made me promise that I wouldn't open the envelope until he came the next day. I just knew (or really hoped) that I was going to be getting engaged. As soon as Eric was gone, I checked the caller id to see if he had called to ask my dad permission to marry me. He had called. I tried prying info from my family members, but they all pretended to know nothing.

The next afternoon our doorbell rang. It was my dear friend Ashley and I had no idea she was coming. She told me that she didn't really know why she was there. She just knew that she was supposed to pick me up and that I was supposed to open the envelope Eric had given me. I opened it and Eric had written a poem that told us we needed to go to Foothill Village (a shopping center). We drove to Foothill Village and then opened a second envelope. It had another poem (all the envelopes I opened that day were instructions in poem form). This poem told us to go to The Spa Club. We went in and told the girls at the front desk our names and they informed us that Eric had paid for both of us to get manicures and pedicures. It was fantastic! We chatted and had our nails done and it was fabulous.




Toward the end of our time at The Spa Club, in walked our other dear friend, Sarah. She had another envelope.


This one told us it was time to say goodbye to Ashley, and Sarah and I were to go to Color Me Mine (which was right next door). We went to Color Me Mine and the workers there had another envelope for us. Eric had paid for us to paint picture frames and told me to make mine special for that day. We painted and had a good time.


Then it was time for me to change into the skirt that I had brought (Eric must have told me to bring one the night before). I changed at Color Me Mine and we headed to Eric's house, like our next poem told us. I was so nervous at this point that I gave Sarah the wrong directions. I realized it quickly and we got to Eric's house. I said goodbye to Sarah and went inside. Eric was dressed in a suit and had made us a nice dinner.


We ate and talked and had a good time, even though we were both very nervous. After dinner, he took me out to his backyard. The trees were all decorated with white twinkle lights and the ground was covered with candles. He turned on our song and asked me to dance. When our song ended, he got down on one knee, said a lot of really nice things, and asked me to marry him. It was perfect! I couldn't have hoped for anything more.




Eric is a true romantic. He still is to this day. He does anything and everything he can think of to make me happy. Some may not think of him in this way because he talks big and likes to say things for the shock value. But those who have gotten to know him well know that he is kind, thoughtful, generous and a softy (sorry for outing you, Honey).

I'm so happy that the most amazing man I have ever met proposed to me seven years ago! I can't imagine my life without my fantastic husband! I appreciate every second he put into this awesome proposal. I love you, Eric! I'm thankful for every minute we have spent together and for every minute we will be able to spend together for eternity! Happy Proposal Anniversary :)

2 comments:

  1. Cutest thing ever! Happy proposal anniversary! I can't believe it has been 7 years... we were so young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Eric came into the family! He has been a wonderful addition and is fun to have around. He truly is thoughtful. Enjoy life together! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete