Thursday, September 1, 2011

Discovery Gateway

Before going to Utah I made a list of things we should do there. We were going to be there for just over two weeks and I wanted to make sure we went out and did some things. It's always hard for me to think of things spur of the moment so I made my list before-hand. One of the things on the list was Discovery Gateway. We have something similar in Vegas and Kyler enjoyed it so I figured he would like Discovery Gateway as well. I was correct. He and Kadin both loved it!

This is the ball area, which I think was probably their favorite. Both of them love balls and this area had so many fun things to do with those balls. There are all kinds of tubes and holes to put them in. They loved it! It was hard to get them to move on from this area and visit the rest of the areas.




There was a little construction area that they also really liked. There were lots of different shaped blocks that they could build with and put in cranes and do all kinds of fun things with.



The water area was also a big hit. They both love to play in the water so it was no surprise to me that they enjoyed this. Thank goodness for the smocks that were provided. They both would have been soaked without them.



The grocery store was really cute. They got to drive shopping carts around and pick out food items. There is a bakery and deli. When they are finished shopping they can check out too.




Kadin loved the little garden area and the play house. The furniture was just the right size for him.



Kyler was quite proud of the picture he made with this little machine. He turned a lever and it twisted his paper in circles while he held his crayon on top.


There were lots of stations with magnets. Kyler had a great time building with them.


Both boys enjoyed the helicopter. Kadin climbed in and out and enjoyed sitting in the helicopter with all of the other kids. We had to wait for quite a while so that Kyler would get his turn to fly that helicopter.





This trip was a big hit. We had so much fun there. I couldn't have done it without my mom! It was nice that we could each be in charge of one kid. I may have lost one if I had done it on my own.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the first person to sell child-size personal water smocks will be a millionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful place to take the boys. Well worth the price of admission. Much rather take them there than a movie. A great place to interact with other kids and use your imagination. Loved it. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete