skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This will be the first year of my life that I have ever missed the good old family reunion. I know some people dread their reunions, but NOT ME! I have looked forward to this reunion every year of my life (at least the ones I can remember). It is almost of a week of camping in beautiful Fairview Canyon. We fish, eat lots of treats, have incredible breakfasts, have a patriotic program , play games, have an auction, eat more treats, chat, have campfires, and do all other sorts of fun stuff.
Hike
Get pedicures (only when cute Whitney auctions them off)
Play paintball
Go four-wheeling
Do crafts
Play in the water
Play in the dirt
My family left this morning so I am feeling a little sad and reminiscent. I was so tempted to pack up the car and go, but I just don't think I could make that drive with my two little guys. Eric kindly offered to drive me and the boys to the camp site (he would then have to drive back to Vegas). Eric's very nice uncle, Kelly, offered to pack up his trailer for us, drive it to the camp site, and get it set up for us. Two very kind offers that it took everything I had to refuse. I'm so going to miss being there this year. I thought maybe it would be cathartic to blog about it.
I'm sorry you have to miss it! I was actually thinking that you had a family reunion this weekend. I love family reunions too.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain girl. I miss out on a lot of my family outings too and it's hard. I wish I could say it gets easier but....it doesn't.
ReplyDeleteI am sad for you, I am missing mine this year too and I hate it! Aren't we lucky to have such a great relationship with our family though? Sad, yes, but wouldn't change the gang I was born in to for the world! Family ROCKS!!
ReplyDelete