Dentist
Last week I took Kyler to the dentist for his first check-up. I took the camera along so that I could get some pics to document the event, but it remained in my purse the entire time. Oops!
I was hoping the whole experience wouldn't be too terrible for Kyler. He is shy and I didn't know how well he would handle it. But he has been talking about the dentist for quite some time. He knows that the dentist gives you prizes and looks in your mouth so I thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad.
We arrived at the office and were very impressed. Madagascar was playing in the kids waiting area. There were trucks and blocks and books and other fun stuff. Kyler enjoyed playing while we waited. Then the nurse took us back and tried to weigh Kyler. He wanted nothing to do with that. Fortunately, we had just had his 2 1/2 year visit with the doctor so I knew his weight. Then the nurse let Kyler pick a toothbrush. He was pretty excited about that. He chose a blue Diego toothbrush. He loves blue and he loves Diego. He also got to choose a toothbrush for Kadin.
Next we went to our exam room. The nurse showed Kyler a treasure box of toys that he would get to choose from once the dentist had counted his teeth. That made him happy. He was happy all the way up until they had him sit in the dentist chair. That was when he burst into tears. Then they had him sit on my lap while the dentist looked in his mouth. I'm happy to report that he has twenty healthy teeth with no sugar bumps :)
When the dentist finished, he got to pick his toy and two stickers and then he was happy again.
Rice Cereal
Kadin got his first taste of "real" food today. He loved it! It took a few bites for him to get used to using his tongue correctly, but once he got used to it, he was pulling my hand to his mouth so that I would shovel it in faster. I'm hoping this helps him sleep better at night. We will see. I actually caught this event on camera.

It really is crazy how fast they grow without you realizing it! Yay for Kadin and Kyler! You'll have to tell me what dentist you went to for Kyler. We went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday too! That would have been funny if we went to the same one.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome. I can't believe how big they are getting!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the rice cereal for myself!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you soon! Love ya, Mimi