Thursday, July 15, 2010

5 Months Old


Yep, another month has gone by so you get another post about Kadin and his accomplishments.

Kadin is a sweet-tempered little guy. He is so smiley and fun to be around. He adores his big brother. He smiles whenever he sees Kyler. Kyler likes to make Kadin laugh by jumping or spinning in circles. It works every time.

Kadin has become quite mobile. If I put him down, he won't stay on his back for more than a few seconds. It really freaked me out the first few nights that he slept on his stomach. I even tried putting his changing pad in the crib and having him sleep on that, hoping that he wouldn't be able to roll with those ridges surrounding him. It worked for a couple of days, but then he figured out how to roll over, despite the ridges. Once he is on his tummy, he can scoot himself around a bit. He loves to lay on his tummy and play with his toys.

On Monday, Kadin had a big smile on his face and I noticed two little white specks on his bottom gums. By yesterday, I could feel both of those little teeth poking through. I wasn't expecting teeth so early. Kyler didn't get his first tooth until he was nine months old. Kadin hasn't really been fussy at all. They don't seem to bother him.

Yesterday I gave Kadin his first hair cut. There was this patch of hair that was so much longer than the rest that it was starting to look a little silly. I trimmed it to match the rest of the hair and now it looks much better. I doubt anyone else would notice though.

Kadin also started eating rice cereal (see previous post) and he loves it. He chows that stuff down. It has helped him sleep a little better. Since starting that he has started to only wake up once a night. Hopefully that sticks. It would be even better if he slept through the whole night :)

Kadin still loves music. His favorite song is to the tune of Bingo, but I change it to K-A-D-I-N and he loves it (I'm sure he would like it the same if I sang the actual words)! He especially loves it when I sing it while patting his back to the beat. That song and giving him back scratches are the easiest ways to get him to sleep.

Kadin has very quick and grabby hands! Nothing within his reach is safe. It makes getting things done while holding him a lot trickier.

Here is how my cute boys compare at five months

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see Kadin's teeth. It changes the whole look of a baby. He looks like he is a little bigger than Kyler was at this age. Both are adorable. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete