Last month I wrote a post about amazing moms and since I have amazing dads in my life as well, this post will be dedicated to them.
Eric
My sweet, helpful, loving husband. What on earth would I do without him? I can't imagine and don't want to try. He is such an incredible husband and father. Not only does he take great care of our boys, but he also takes great care of me! He works so hard to provide us with everything we need and more. He is so good at getting Kyler to do things he doesn't want to (like finish his dinner). I love to watch Eric and Kyler sword fight, shoot hoops, play football, build with legos, and do all the other fun stuff they do. I appreciate the time he spends with our boys and I know they do too. They love their daddy! Whenever I hold Kadin while we eat dinner, he always watches his dad with a big smile on his face. Eric is a fantastic cook! Much better than I am. I can follow a recipe, but Eric can invent! He just makes stuff up and it always tastes so good! It's nice to know that if I just don't feel like cooking (or there is something I can't cook), Eric will be there to pick up the slack. He is quite handy around the house too. He built our entertainment center and I think he did a great job. Right now he is in the process of building a mantle for the fireplace in our bedroom. His next undertaking will be to build Kyler his big boy bed. He wants to make him a pirate ship bed and I'm excited to see how that turns out. I'm so thankful that my boys have such a great father and that I have a wonderful husband! I love you so much!
My Dad
I love my dad! I remember pretending to fall asleep in the car when I was little just so he would carry me into the house. I'm thankful to have such a wonderful father! He has always been there for me and I know he always will be. He worked hard to support our family so that my mom could be home with us when we were kids and I'm so grateful for that! My dad is the hardest worker there is! He can do anything! He is the handiest of handy men. He knows all about computers, cars, and anything around the house that needs to be fixed. And he is so willing to share that talent. I don't know how many times he has worked on my cars or how much money he has saved me, but I'm sure it is a significant amount. He is an amazing example to everyone around him! He is also a wonderful and loving grandpa! Kyler loves to play and tease with him. We miss living so close to him and are very blessed to have him in our lives!
Bruce
Bruce is Eric's father. He passed away a few years before I entered the picture so I never had the opportunity of knowing him, but I love him anyway. He helped make my husband the man he is today and I will always be grateful for that. I feel a bit slighted that I never got to know Bruce. From the stories I hear, I know he is amazing and I am happy that someday I will have the opportunity to get to know him well.
Paul
Paul joined our family just over two and a half years ago. He married Eric's mom and we are grateful to have him in the family! He works hard and takes great care of Sallie and is so good with our boys! He is always so nice to help entertain Kyler. It is cute to watch the two of them together. We loved being able to get to know Paul when we would have dinner together as a family every week. I miss those days!
Grandpa Thomsen
He is hilarious! Grandpa always has a joke to tell. He is great at entertaining all the kids. He will push his false teeth out and then pull them back in for them. He has been entertaining kids with that trick for as long as I can remember. Kyler adores playing the tug of war game with Grandpa's cane. When I was little, Grandpa worked as a custodian at Cyprus High School (my alma mater). We thought it was so cool when he'd let us tag along during the summer. We loved helping him set the sprinklers and getting drinks from the Pirate's cove with him. I am a lucky girl to have grown up with such a fun grandpa living so close by.
Grandpa Draper
I grew up around the block from Grandpa Draper. He is also a fun grandpa. He worked for Chevron and they would do this carnival type thing that Grandpa would take us to. There was swimming and games and I'm hazy on the rest of the details because it was so long ago, but we loved it! Grandpa always had good stories to tell and could entertain us. His memory used to be so amazing. He would tell us these great stories about when he was in the Navy. He would remember the names of all of the guys he served with. Unfortunately, Grandpa has been affected by alzheimer's disease. It is hard to watch him forget even the people he loves the most. Kudos to my Grandma for continuing to care for him in their home! And to my parents and Jay D and Paula for helping so much!
I consider myself very lucky to have so many fabulous men in my life! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Father's Day! You deserve it!
1 year ago

Thank heavens for good men! What a good example your sweet boys will have growing up on how to be a good man. That was so nice of you to mention Jay D and I with Grandpa Draper. Thanks girl. I hope you guys have a great Father's Day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute to some really neat fathers. Aren't dads great!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom