Friday, June 25, 2010

A Little Breakfast Conversation

This morning Kyler and I were sitting at the table for breakfast. We were having delicious bowls of Raisin Bran Crunch and the box was sitting on the table. Kyler was checking out the pictures on the box. Kelloggs is doing some kind of DVD giveaway with a certain number of purchases and Kyler was looking at the pictures of DVDs available.

Kyler: "Look, this one is a scary pumpkin!"
(here is the picture he was looking at)

Me: "Yeah, he does look kind of scary."
Kyler: "He says 'roar'."
Me: "Mmm-hmmm"

At this point I started to get lost in my thoughts, but Kyler kept talking. He talked for a bit (while I zoned out) and then I heard this.

Kyler: "She's talking to Jesus!"
Me: "Oh, she is?" (not fully paying attention)
Kyler: "Yeah, she's talking to Jesus."
Me: "Who is?" (just snapped out of it)
Kyler: "She is." (pointing to one of the DVDs)

Anyone care to guess what DVD he could be talking about?

Maybe if you had a box of Raisin Bran Crunch you'd be able to guess, but there is no other way you'd get it.










Here is the DVD cover he was looking at.


Ha ha. I guess the green color and the way the light plays on the trees in the background and the way the girl's head is tilted up is kind of similar to the picture of Joseph Smith's first vision.
Also, the picture on the box was two inches tall at the most so he didn't get the nice detailed version you see above :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey--I had Raisin Bran Crunch for breakfast too! Mmmm. And I have totally saved the DVD tokens and gotten free movies. Kyler is hilarious! I guess I'd rather have him think that than what it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I would not have guessed that she was talking to Jesus. That is an interesting perspective.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete