I sent my biggest boy off to Kindergarten this morning. He was excited. I was nervous. It ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would be. Kindergarten is only 2 1/2 hours long. And there are 7 other kids from our ward in his class. That is comforting.
Eric went to work late this morning so he could walk with us on the first day of school. We met up with our fun neighbors (the Faux family) and walked to school together. I think that helped with any first day of school jitters Kyler may have had.
Kyler had no reservations. He walked right into class, hung his backpack on a chair, and sat down on the mat next to two of his friends from church.
After class was over, we got a picture of all the cute kids from our ward together. So happy to have all these cute little ones in the same class!
Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Leon.
On the walk home, Kyler told me all about his day. It sounds like he is going to have a fun year. He is excited! He wanted to do his homework the minute we walked in the door. When he finished, he asked if we could ask the teacher for more pages next time.
For Kyler's first day of school celebration, he wanted cake. I thought I could just make one, but he had other plans. We went to a bakery and everyone picked out their own slice of cake. It was fun and delicious, but definitely something we will only do once a year.
I'm so glad Kyler liked Kindergarten and I hope he continues to feel that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment