1 year ago
Friday, August 23, 2013
5 Months
How is this little guy 5 months old already? It doesn't seem possible! A couple of weeks ago, I put away all of the 3-6 month clothes and got out all the 6-9 month clothes and cried. My baby is growing up so fast!
Trevin is still a very good and sweet baby. In last months post, I talked about how he had learned to roll over. He started rolling from tummy to back first, but I guess he forgot how to do that for a while. He perfected the back to tummy roll, but couldn't get back onto his back. The problem with that is that at night he would roll onto his tummy and then cry until I went into his room and turned him over. This was happening several times a night for a couple weeks. Fortunately, he has now figured out how to get back onto his back. Now he can get all over the place.
I think he is ready to start eating rice cereal. He is so interested in our food when we eat and is always reaching for it to try to get it into his mouth. Whenever I take a drink from my water bottle, he gets very excited and thinks he should have a drink from it too. He will sit happily in his high chair for a little bit. Because of all these things, I think we will start feeding him cereal real soon.
He enjoys swimming in our pool and looks so cute putting around in his little floatie. And he can really get around in that thing.
He still loves to watch and listen to his brothers. They play peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake with him and he loves it. He also loves to just listen to them talk. Kadin was telling him a story the other day and Trevin smiled and giggled the whole time.
Kyler and Kadin rarely call him Trevin. They have started calling him Trevy or Trev and I think it is darling.
His eyes are healing nicely from his surgery. You can still see some of the marks, but it is getting better. He still needs eye drops every night before bed, but we are done with the hourly drops during the during the day. Yay!
Trevin has discovered that he can make quite an exciting noise when he purses his lips and blows. He enjoys practicing this new found skill often.
He loves when we sing to him and tickle him. He likes to look at books and try to turn the pages. He LOVES to be held. He is content to lay on the floor and play with toys or sit in his high chair and play for a little while, but he mostly just wants me to carry him around. I often oblige because I know this isn't going to last forever and he is my last baby.
We love Trevin and are so happy he is ours!
Here is what all three boys looked like at 5 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment