Tuesday, November 1, 2011

This is Halloween

Getting good pictures of the boys in their Halloween costumes this year was almost impossible. With two very active boys it's hard to get a good picture. This is attempt number one.





The leaves were far too much of a distraction. I couldn't get them to hold still at all.

Attempt number two isn't any better. Even though they were sitting, they still couldn't hold still. Also, I don't know what the best setting is for my camera in the dark and I don't know how to edit my photos. So I guess we are just stuck with these.


We went to our ward trunk-or-treat party last week and the boys had a great time! Here is our car all decked out for the night.


And here are the boys with their loot. You can see that Kadin already dug into his.



Did you notice the grim reaper in the picture of our car? Eric made that! Yep, my handy husband was hard at work again. I saw the grim reaper on pinterest and got quite excited. I showed it to Eric and he got even more excited and decided he could do it. He did and it didn't take him very long. We love the way it turned out! It has been in our front yard since the beginning of October. It would scare us every now and then because we would forget about it. Then one morning I opened up the blinds and this is what I saw.


Creepy! I was really hoping that he didn't come alive in the night and walk onto our porch! I had to call Eric at work to find out if he moved him. He had. He didn't even mean to scare me, just thought it might rain that day so he wanted to put the guy under the porch.

Kyler and Kadin went trick-or-treating for the first time this year. Up until now we have been able to get away with just doing trunk-or-treat, but Kyler was looking forward to actual trick-or-treating this year. We had dinner at a friend's house that night and then we took the kids out trick-or-treating together. The boys loved it!


Because we weren't having Halloween dinner at our house, I decided we would do our annual Halloween dinner as Halloween lunch instead.


Mummy dogs, goblin fingers, monster mouths, and a graveyard dessert. I had banana ghosts in the fridge, but forgot to get a picture of them. The boys loved it and I had fun making it!

Farewell Halloween! As Always, I'm sad to see you go!

2 comments:

  1. The boys and the grim reaper look great. The trick or treating fun has just begun. Love ya, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grim reaper is awesome! At least he wasn't put in the shower, like Steve Young. :) The boys look cute in their costumes. Love Kadin's dragon!

    Love,
    ~Tiff

    ReplyDelete