I'm so late with this post - 15 days late, to be exact. It still counts as 21 months if I do it in the same month that Kadin turned 21 months, right?
My baby is 21 months old now. I can't believe how time flies! This little guy is such a joy!
Here is what Kadin is up to at 21 months...if anyone cares :)
He is still a good talker. He can and will say almost anything. For the most part, he is understandable, but there are a few words that need a bit of a translation.
elmanet = elephant
frecktas = breakfast
bap-bop = grandpa
dujees = Jesus
Kadin is still a sweet little guy (though toddler-hood has made him a tiny bit less sweet). If I am holding him and something upsets him, he points to the floor and says "fit." I ask him if he wants to throw a fit and he says "yes." I put him on the floor and he lays down. That's it. Easy. It would be great if that is what his fits would consist of forever.
Every time I change Kadin's diaper, he tells me "potty." I take him to the bathroom and sit him on the potty. Usually he pushes and then says "done." He grabs some toilet paper, wipes, flushes the toilet, and then I help him wash his hands. Last night he actually peed on the potty for the first time. I'm hoping this means he will be easy to potty train. We will see. Right now I'm not working on that. In fact, most of the time I don't want to take him to the bathroom, but I do because I don't want to discourage him. One night I wasn't fast enough to get him to the bathroom and he peed on the floor. He told us "peeper...spit...ground."
Kadin is very polite. He says "please" and "thank you" without even being prompted. He also says "excuse me", but most of the time we have to tell him to do so. He says "bless you" when someone sneezes, without us telling him to. He also says "sorry" a lot, even when it is not necessary. When we bump into him, he tells us "sorry."
Kadin counts to 9, but always skips 5 for some reason. I still think that is pretty good. He can also point to the letter "K" in one of his books that has the letters of the alphabet listed. I should try to get him to do it with something else because it may just be that he has memorized where the letter is. When I ask him what the letter K is for, he says "Kadin." He likes to tell me what color things are, but he is mostly wrong. His first guess is always yellow, followed by pink, then it's usually green.
Kadin loves to read and sing. We do both every day before his nap and every night before bed. His favorite song is "I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home." It's all he ever wants me to sing. His favorite book is "Under My Hood I Have a Hat." We have read it enough times that he can say the last word of almost every line in the book. He loves it!
Kadin is a little bit shy. It takes him a while to warm up to people, but eventually he does.
He still adores his brother and has to do everything he does. That is probably the reason that he thinks he has to use the bathroom.
So that is Kadin at 21 months. Love that boy!
My baby is 21 months old now. I can't believe how time flies! This little guy is such a joy!
Here is what Kadin is up to at 21 months...if anyone cares :)
He is still a good talker. He can and will say almost anything. For the most part, he is understandable, but there are a few words that need a bit of a translation.
elmanet = elephant
frecktas = breakfast
bap-bop = grandpa
dujees = Jesus
Kadin is still a sweet little guy (though toddler-hood has made him a tiny bit less sweet). If I am holding him and something upsets him, he points to the floor and says "fit." I ask him if he wants to throw a fit and he says "yes." I put him on the floor and he lays down. That's it. Easy. It would be great if that is what his fits would consist of forever.
Every time I change Kadin's diaper, he tells me "potty." I take him to the bathroom and sit him on the potty. Usually he pushes and then says "done." He grabs some toilet paper, wipes, flushes the toilet, and then I help him wash his hands. Last night he actually peed on the potty for the first time. I'm hoping this means he will be easy to potty train. We will see. Right now I'm not working on that. In fact, most of the time I don't want to take him to the bathroom, but I do because I don't want to discourage him. One night I wasn't fast enough to get him to the bathroom and he peed on the floor. He told us "peeper...spit...ground."
Kadin is very polite. He says "please" and "thank you" without even being prompted. He also says "excuse me", but most of the time we have to tell him to do so. He says "bless you" when someone sneezes, without us telling him to. He also says "sorry" a lot, even when it is not necessary. When we bump into him, he tells us "sorry."
Kadin counts to 9, but always skips 5 for some reason. I still think that is pretty good. He can also point to the letter "K" in one of his books that has the letters of the alphabet listed. I should try to get him to do it with something else because it may just be that he has memorized where the letter is. When I ask him what the letter K is for, he says "Kadin." He likes to tell me what color things are, but he is mostly wrong. His first guess is always yellow, followed by pink, then it's usually green.
Kadin loves to read and sing. We do both every day before his nap and every night before bed. His favorite song is "I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home." It's all he ever wants me to sing. His favorite book is "Under My Hood I Have a Hat." We have read it enough times that he can say the last word of almost every line in the book. He loves it!
Kadin is a little bit shy. It takes him a while to warm up to people, but eventually he does.
He still adores his brother and has to do everything he does. That is probably the reason that he thinks he has to use the bathroom.
So that is Kadin at 21 months. Love that boy!

"dujees"
ReplyDelete"peeper.spit.ground."
OH MY....I am going to be laughing about these for awhile. He is so divine and precious. Can you please come and teach my kids how to throw a fit that mellow? I can't believe he'll just point to the floor and lay there after you set him down....here's hoping his fits will stay that way! My little lady at 1 yr old (barely) is already throwing her whole little body on the floor and screaming....not sure what to do about that????
You are such a good momma Dawn :) I wish you lived closer.
Kadin is such a cutie to have around. We so enjoy the visits with our "boys" and their parents. I really like Kadin's fits. Wish that was how everyone got angry. Love you, Kadin! Love that Kyler, too! Love, Mimi
ReplyDelete