He is still a very easy-going baby. He is a great eater (he eats more than Kyler) and a great sleeper. He has six teeth now, four on top and two on bottom. He loves to play in the water. He puts everything in his mouth, but he is starting to get better about that. He loves to read. His favorite book is Mousetrap. He thinks it is so funny and will laugh as soon as he sees the cover of the book because he knows what is coming. His other favorite book is Rhyme A Round. It has a lot of different textures that he loves to feel. And he learned to imitate cat sounds and fish sounds when we were reading this book. Unfortunately, I cannot get him to perform for the camera. Wish I could because it is so cute! He can stand unsupported for quite a long time and will take a step or two, but he is not walking yet. I think he will be pretty easy to break of bottles. Right now he only has one with his breakfast and one with his dinner. He already drinks from straw cups so I think it will be easy to replace those bottles with cups of milk. We are just finishing up this last can of formula and then we will be bottle-free. I'm excited to not have to wash those anymore.
Kadin says a few words.
Mama
Dadda
Uh-oh
No, No
Bubbles
Lately he has been leaving little surprises for us in random places. I opened the cupboard under our sink the other day and found this.
He must have slipped it in there while I was putting dish detergent in our dishwasher because this cupboard has been "baby-proofed." I found this same truck inside one of my pans a few days before it ended up in the cupboard.
We are always losing things because Kadin likes to put things in drawers. On Sunday I was frantically tearing Kyler's room apart to find his church shoes. They ended up being in one of Kadin's drawers. In the process of searching Kyler's room, I found a pair of his pants that I had been looking for for a week. They were in his night stand. That is not where we keep pants. Kadin is a helper :)
Kadin loves this little monkey. He sleeps with him every night and during every nap. He loves to snuggle him while we read before he goes to sleep.
Today Kadin had his one-year check-up. As a nice birthday present, the nurse gave him four shots. Poor little guy! He was very unhappy. The doctor gave him a lollipop, which made him quite happy.
We will be having a little family party for Kadin in a few days, but wanted him to have a birthday treat on his actual birthday so we made birthday brownies and put a candle in one of them. He looked a little confused while we were singing to him, but he enjoyed the brownie. Here is the aftermath. Not as messy as a cake, but we will get to that when we have his party.
We are so happy that Kadin is ours!

Happy birthday, Kadin! I love the picture with the sucker, what a cute smile!
ReplyDeleteLove,
~Tiff