1 year ago
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Music to a Mommy's Ears
Kyler and I read books and sing songs before he goes down for a nap and before he goes to bed. We have both always loved this time and it has gotten even better for me now that he knows the words to stories and songs and can fill in the blanks when I pause. I love it! Yesterday we were playing with his castle and knights when he said "Momma, sing Jesus song." I asked him if he wanted me to sing 'I'm trying to be like Jesus' and he said yes. I almost cried right there (mostly because it was cute and touching, but probably also because I'm pregnant). I started to sing and would pause every few words to let him fill in the blank. I was amazed at all the the words he knew. He is such a good little boy and amazes me more and more every day. I love being Kyler's mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a little angel! My kids both used to cry and protest every time I tried to read and sing with them!!! You are a lucky lady!
ReplyDelete(They'll both read with me now- but almost NEVER sing!)
Aww! How sweet.
ReplyDeleteYou are a lucky lady. Tommy still doesn't talk. :)