Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Happenings

Ahhh...my favorite season, my favorite month, and my favorite holiday. This is the best time of the year! This year I decided that Kyler and I were going to do something Halloween-ish every day. We made Halloween cookies, painted ghost and monster pictures, made masks, colored Halloween print-outs, watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," read lots of Halloween books, carved pumpkins, and had fun with other projects. It has been been great and I think we will do this for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well.
Cookies


Kyler's finished product

Ghost pictures

Pumpkins


Here is our Halloween night feast. I'm not creative enough to think of all this stuff so I have to give credit to Family Fun Magazine.




I think Kyler is as into this Halloween stuff as I am. He loves all of our decorations. He asks several times a day what different Halloween characters (witches, skeletons, dracula) say. We sing "This is Halloween" and "Pumpkinhead Harvey" every day. And he loves dressing up in his Halloween costumes. Yes, I said costumes. He has two. He picked out a Superman costume, but he has been very into pirates ever since we rode Pirates of the Carribean at Disneyland. He talks about the ride constantly. He wants me to sing the "Yo Ho" song all day long and he plays with his Fisher Price Pirates all the time. So we thought it would be fun to get him a pirate costume. And he looks darn cute in it!

Happy Halloween! Hope you all had as much fun as we did!

4 comments:

  1. It definitely looks like you guys had fun! I love Kyler's costume. You're such a fun/good mom to do all those fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the things you do with Kyler. I wish I had been that creative when you guys were little. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your Halloween stuff! I always use Family Fun ideas, but I rarely do more than one :) - you are too much fun! Kyler's pirate costume is SOOOO cute. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so dang cute. And you are one fun mom! can't wait to play again.

    ReplyDelete