Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Farewell 20's

I count today as the first day of my 30's because I wasn't born until 9:00pm. So I was still 29 for most of the day yesterday. This post may take some by surprise. Most people that are not my family and that I didn't go to high school with have no idea that I am as old as I am. I have decided to embrace my age since there is nothing I can do about it. It's all about how you feel anyway, right? Well, I still feel like I'm in my mid-twenties.
Yesterday was the perfect birthday. Eric got me bagels for breakfast (something I have been craving for weeks). He even picked up an extra one for my lunch. Both bagels were delicious. After Kyler and I ate breakfast, he told me he wanted to snuggle in a blanket and watch Mickey Mouse. I don't like him to watch much TV, but I decided that I wasn't turning down a snuggle (they come few and far between these days) and since it was my birthday, we deserved some relaxation. So we snuggled. I also got to talk to lots of family and friends.
Our very kind friends offered to watch Kyler while Eric took me to dinner and then to see Phantom at the Venetian. Dinner at PF Chang's was delicious. I had also been craving their lettuce wraps for weeks. Phantom was amazing! I think my mouth hung open in awe for more than half of the show. The special effects were awesome! I loved it! It was a great day.
I enjoyed my teenage years (for the most part) and my twenties were even better. Hopefully this is a pattern and my thirties will be the best yet.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect b-day!




    The thirties are the new twenties.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great birthday! And I'm glad we now have your blog address. Kyler is so easy, we'll watch him anytime! Madelyn just loves him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the twenties are the new tens

    Legally speaking you shouldn't date anyone in their 20s anymore -- you'll go to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age is not a big deal. It is jsut a number. I still don't think of myself as old as my I really am. Love ya. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day. Eric is a great guy to do all those things for you. See you soon. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete