Monday, September 28, 2009

Trip to Utah

Brace yourselves. This is going to be a long one....:)
Eric decided that he couldn't part with his BYU football season tickets. He's had them since we got married and his goal is to have them forever so that he can be the 80-year-old man they wheel out onto the field and present with a blanket. When we lived in Utah, I thought game day was a little annoying because he and his buddies would leave two and a half hours before the game would start so that they could have the traditional lunch at Wingers before the game (that is where they do the pre-game show). Anyway, it makes for a really long Saturday without Eric. Now I do not mind the tickets because it means I get to go home and hang out with the family.
Kyler and I left for Utah on a Wednesday (Eric drove to Cedar City Thursday night and then to SL Friday morning). Kyler gets to fly for free for a couple more months so we took advantage of that. He was very excited to ride on an airplane! He loved every little thing about the airport - the moving walkways, the escalators, baggage claim, the stores, even the garbage cans. He kept running from one thing to the next exclaiming "what's that?" And then we got to our gate and he looked out the window and saw all the airplanes. He was in heaven! I wish I could have taken some pictures of him in the airport and on the airplane, but this mom was a little stressed. I've never had to navigate the airport alone, let alone with an incredibly excited two-year-old. It was a little hard, but definitely better than making the six hour drive.
Kyler was so happy to see the family again! He was without a nap that day since our flight left during nap time and he still stayed up until 11:00 that night. He was so happy to be at his "mimi's" house, and with everyone he has missed so much, that he didn't even get grumpy.
Thursday afternoon we went with my dear friend, Emily, and her two cute little boys to Wheeler Farm. We had a great time.

Kyler loved playing in the tree house!



That night we played at the park with my mom and my neices.




Friday afternoon we went to the International Peace Gardens with Grandma Sallie, Grandpa Paul, and Grandma Bette.



Saturday we hung out with the family. We visited both sets of my grandparents and had a great time. We drove back to LV with Eric on Sunday. It was a nice trip, but it set me back in all the progress I have made adjusting to Vegas. I miss Utah!

2 comments:

  1. What a great excuse to come back and visit. I bet the Grandma's are lovin' BYU football. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Kyler standing on the bench in front of the ducks. Look at that one by his feet. Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete