Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Suspicious Part

I had my first appointment with my new OB on Friday. It went really well and I absolutely loved her (thanks for the recommendation Tricia)! She is so great and so nice! She made me feel like I was her only patient and she had known me for years. During my appointment she asked if I knew the sex of the baby yet. I was only 15 weeks and 5 days at that point so I kind of laughed and said no. She pulled out her little ultrasound machine and said "Let's see if we can find out." I was shocked! I hadn't expected that at all. She said that even if we couldn't tell that day, she would schedule a formal ultrasound and we'd find out for sure. She started the ultrasound and showed me the head and heart. She pointed out the legs and then said "this suspicious part in the middle makes me think he is a boy." She kept looking and asked if I would be disappointed if it was a boy because she was pretty sure. I was thrilled. Kyler would have a playmate and Eric would be ecstatic. She took me to the front to schedule the formal ultrasound and I was thinking it would probably take place around my 20 week mark. I was shocked again to learn that it would be just a few days later (today). We decided not to get too excited about a boy until we had the formal ultrasound and knew for sure.
I went to my ultrasound this morning. Can I just say that having to drink 40 ounces of water in one hours time and then hold it for an hour and a half is ridiculous! I was literally dancing in the waiting room. I apologized to the woman next to me and she said she remembered those days. She was funny. She told the ladies at the front desk that they needed to push me up on the list. When the ultrasound tech took me back to the room she told me that she also thinks it is a ridiculous amount of water to drink and hold. She let me go to the bathroom (good thing because I thought I was going to explode). TMI? She looked for all the regular stuff in the ultrasound and then got to the fun part. She said "Well, it looks like you are going to have two." I freaked out and said in a very frantic voice, "Are you serious?" She looked at me and must have seen the panic on my face and realized what she had done. She then explained that there was only one baby in there, but it was a boy so we would now have two boys. I was relieved, to say the least. Good story to tell now though. Anyway, WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!! And we are very excited. Eric and Kyler will have another football buddy and I will not spend all of our money on all the cute girl things :)

I just have to brag about Kyler for a minute now. Eric had an important work meeting so he couldn't come and I had to take Kyler with me. I thought it was going to be pretty hard, but he was an angel. I got compliments from every person who crossed our path on how cute he is (no exaggeration) and several compliments on how well behaved he was. He really was. He was so nice in the waiting room and even better during the ultrasound. He just watched the screen and asked "What's that?" several times. He's such a good little boy and I love him!

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting... I hope I have boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's so exciting! Nice you found out so early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Kyler is such a cute boy! And now you'll have two! I remember what that felt like to "hold it" for that long. It seemed like the clock wasn't moving. The lady let me go right before the ultrasound, but said I could only go for 10 seconds!! Try stopping it mid-stream! That's a doozie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I think MaryElla is the only one of the Seaman grandkids to have two boys in a row. Maybe she can give you tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for boys! We are so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title of this post just cracked me up! Yay, for joining the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete