Look who is 4!
I'm way behind! Kadin has been four for almost 2 months. Oops!
Kadin is still kind and sweet. He never went through a terrible two's or terrible three's phase, but four has been a bit trickier. He's gotten a bit sassier, which I think may come from his big brother's example. He is still mostly sweet, but he has his moments. Who doesn't?
He's very caring and is the first one to comfort someone when they get hurt. He says the best and cutest prayers and we can tell that he really puts thought into them. He LOVES Chewie (our dog). Anytime Chewie stretches in front of Kadin, Kadin thanks him for showing him his stretches and tells him what a good job he did stretching.
Kadin is getting so good at writing his name, recognizing letters, and counting. The poor guy started the school year out in a great preschool that we both loved, but with the move, he is no longer in preschool. I feel bad about it, but didn't find anything impressive here. We're moving again (staying in Oregon, but going to a different city) so I'm hopeful that we'll find a good preschool for him for his last year.
Kadin is shy at first, but once he warms up, he can be quite a talker.
He loves to cuddle and is always asking me to hold him. He loves to read. He has a lot of favorite books. He most often wants to read one of his many Curious George books, the entire Toy Story box set, and one of the many Superhero books.
Kadin stopped napping shortly before he turned 4. It's been kind of a hard transition for him. If he naps, he won't go to sleep until really late. If he doesn't, he gets really tired and sometimes falls asleep if I let him watch a movie.
Kadin had a fun birthday. We went to get Chewie that day so Kadin kind of considers Chewie to be one of his birthday presents. We went out to lunch and he got his favorite meal of macaroni and cheese, fruit, and chocolate milk. Then we had a little birthday celebration at home. He opened his presents, we had cupcakes (Kadin chose strawberry cupcakes for his birthday cake), and made a toast to the birthday boy.
He loves to cuddle and is always asking me to hold him. He loves to read. He has a lot of favorite books. He most often wants to read one of his many Curious George books, the entire Toy Story box set, and one of the many Superhero books.
Kadin stopped napping shortly before he turned 4. It's been kind of a hard transition for him. If he naps, he won't go to sleep until really late. If he doesn't, he gets really tired and sometimes falls asleep if I let him watch a movie.
Kadin had a fun birthday. We went to get Chewie that day so Kadin kind of considers Chewie to be one of his birthday presents. We went out to lunch and he got his favorite meal of macaroni and cheese, fruit, and chocolate milk. Then we had a little birthday celebration at home. He opened his presents, we had cupcakes (Kadin chose strawberry cupcakes for his birthday cake), and made a toast to the birthday boy.
![]() |
| small picture - I had to copy it from instagram |
I did a birthday interview with Kadin (I actually did do that part on his birthday) and here is what I found out.
Favorite Food: Mac N Cheese
Favorite Sport: Basketball
Favorite Show: Max & Ruby
Favorite Color: Green, Blue, All of the colors
Favorite Book: Batman: Going Ape and Batman: Meet the Superheroes
Favorite Song: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Best Friend: Mason
Favorite Animal: Giraffe
What he wants to be when he grows up: Dad, just like Dad
What does he do best: Pushing doors open and closed on Kyler
When he is happiest: playing with Kyler, playing with Mason
I love my funny, smart, cute, 4-year-old boy! I'm so happy that he is a part of our family!


No comments:
Post a Comment