Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas came early!

So when we lived in Utah we were about five minutes away from my parents. That was fantastic for many, many reasons. One of those reasons was the access I had to all of my mom's stuff - cooking and baking items, craft supplies, CARPET CLEANER, etc. I loved taking advantage of my mom's carpet cleaner and have greatly missed it. With two dogs and a two-year-old it is a life saver. For as long as we have been in Vegas I have been telling Eric that I needed a carpet cleaner. I suggested we tell our families we just want money for Christmas so we can buy one (not a very fun Christmas present for a man, I know). Well, a couple days ago there was a knock at the door and when I opened it, I saw the box that contained this beautiful sight...

It was meant to be a surprise, but it didn't come in a shipping box. It came in the actual box you would see in the store. I was thrilled! Eric was a little disappointed that the surprise was ruined, but I would have opened it before Christmas anyway. No sense in wrapping a huge carpet cleaner and taking it to Utah just to haul it back to Vegas. Anyway, I couldn't be happier about my Christmas present. I have such a wonderful hubby! And now we can use the money from our families for something like a nice new set of silverware to use when we have guests for dinner :) Sorry Eric! I think that is what happens when you're an old, boring married couple.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha--I totally know what you mean about being and old boring married couple with gifts, but I still get excited over them. Yay for your carpet cleaner! We put new carpet in when we moved into our house so I have yet to borrow one and clean them. I'm sure that will come with the baby coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a wonderful husband!!!

    ReplyDelete