Trevin is two months old. He is still such a good and sweet baby. Most nights he sleeps for six or seven hours and he is a good napper during the day too. He LOVES his swing. If I put him in his swing he will take a three hour nap. He has recently discovered the mobile on his swing, which makes me very happy. I like being reassured that he can see.
We had the appointment with the pediatric ophthalmologist. She checked his vision and said that it seems to be normal. There is an astigmatism on each eye, but she said that is not uncommon and we will wait and see what happens with that. She was a little concerned with the nerves at the back of his eyes because she thought it looked like they might have been smaller than normal. We had to have an MRI done to check on that. We had that done last week and everything looks good. Thank heavens! It was a little scary for us though. I was nervous and it was hard for me to watch them put an IV in my tiny baby. He was pretty upset during that part (and so was I).
![]() |
| Getting the IV |
![]() |
| MRI time |
| Recovery |
We have a follow-up appointment with the ophthalmologist next week to see about the eyelids. He seems to be opening his eyes a bit wider, but it is still not normal. It could be that he will have to have surgery or that they will continue to open more on their own. We don't know yet. I imagine we will have to have a few more appointments before we know.
At his 2 month check-up he weighed 12 pounds, 3 ounces and was 23.5 inches.
Trevin LOVES to be naked. He loves his bath and having his diaper changed because he gets to be naked. He is so happy and smiley and talkative during diaper changes. During his bath he is very content and isn't thrilled when I take him out.
He does not like tummy time. He will tolerate it for about 30 seconds and after that he gets mad and cries and kicks so hard that he starts scooting forward across the floor. There have been a few times where he has tried to roll over, but he only makes it as far as his side and then he is stuck.
He loves when his brothers talk to him and he likes to watch them play.
He is ticklish and will giggle when I tickle him. I love the sound of his laugh and I love his adorable dimpled smile. I'm so happy this little guy is mine!
Trying to get a good picture of him smiling when I'm on my own is hard, but here is what I got. Love him!



Such a cute little face! Glad the MRI went well.
ReplyDelete