1 year ago
Friday, April 12, 2013
Trevin Tim Anderson
He's here! On March 20th at 3:46pm, we welcomed our sweet Trevin to the world. He weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. My due date was March 28th, but because I have c-sections and an awesome doctor, we were able to choose the 20th as his birthday. It is a special day for our family because it is Eric's dad's birthday. We are happy that Trevin can share his birthday with such a wonderful man! Now all three of our kids share birthdays with family members.
I have nothing interesting to report about the delivery. We were in a good hospital with good nurses. We left for the hospital around 12:30 and a few hours later, we had a baby. I was kind of dreading it this time around because I knew exactly what was coming. While I was being prepped I kept telling Eric that I didn't want to do it anymore and that I wished we could fast forward two weeks. I am glad that this is my last baby! Having your stomach cut open, things pulled out of it, and being sewn back up isn't the most fun experience. I feel like this may have been my hardest recovery, but I can't remember. I'm feeling good now though. It usually takes about a week for me to start feeling kind of back to normal and by two weeks I usually feel pretty good.
Trevin is a good baby, the easiest baby of my three. He sleeps A LOT. He does pretty well at night too. Usually he sleeps between 3 and 4 hours, which is nice for me! He loves to be held and snuggled. He is my first baby to actually want a pacifier. Kyler and Kadin wanted nothing to do with them, which actually made me happy. I have never wanted to have to break a kid of the habit. Not sure how you do it. Guess we'll find out.
He LOVES having a bath, but hates having his diaper changed, especially when he is wanting to eat instead. He has a very good scream. I'm pretty sure he is the loudest of my three.
His brothers love him! They were both excited to feed him and hold him and sing to him. They are very sweet with him. Kyler is especially cute with him. He is always talking to him and calling him things like "cute little guy." They have both been pretty helpful. They are willing to run the diapers to the trash can, fetch burp cloths, blankets, and pacifiers. If I am doing dishes, they listen for him so they can tell me if he cries. I feel a little bit bad for Kadin because he has always liked me to hold him and asks me many times a day to hold him. Now I can't do it as much and I feel bad about it. He is taking it well though. Hopefully he doesn't start to resent Trevin because of it. I try to make sure I have time to hold him so it doesn't get to that point.
Trevin had a check-up yesterday and is doing well. He is now 21 inches and weighs 9 pounds, 10 ounces. He does have to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. My other kids both had very wide eyes, but Trevin barely opens his. They are just little slits. They are starting to get a bit wider. His appointment isn't for another month. It would be great if it would correct itself, but we will see what happens.
We are so happy that Trevin is a part of our family! He is a sweet little baby and we feel very blessed that Heavenly Father trusted us to take care of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just the other day I was wondering how things had gone? I'm glad you posted this. Congratulations! Three is a good number of children to have. I think.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Dawn! What a cutie. I was meaning to respond to your comment about stopping and seeing you guys when we were on vacation and I never got a second. I'm so sorry. We actually intended to stop and see you on the way home but by then we were so sick of being in the car with the kids we just wanted to get THE HECK HOME! Next time for sure. I hope things continue to go well. Let us know when you venture up this way again :) luv ya....
ReplyDelete