Can you believe this little guy is three already? I sure can't! Where has the time gone?
We decorated his room with balloons the night before his birthday. He is a really light sleeper so he woke up while we were doing it. He got excited and had a hard time going back to sleep. He and Kyler had a great time playing with all the balloons when they woke up the next morning.
We had birthday pancakes to celebrate. Good thing I took pictures of him blowing out his candles on his pancakes because I totally forgot to take pictures of him blowing out candles on his birthday cupcakes. Oops!
Tiffy, Brother, Whitney, Halee, and Carlee all came into town to visit (and participate in the color run) over Kadin's birthday weekend. They arrived Friday evening and brought presents from all of our Utah family. He opened the presents that night and got a lot of great stuff!
Kadin got to pick dinner and a birthday activity on Saturday. Of course he chose to go to Cici's and bowling.
Sunday night we had his birthday cupcakes and sang to both Kadin and Brother (they have the same birthday). We had a great time and were so glad we could have so many visitors for his birthday. I know that it made it extra special for him.
Kadin is still such a sweet boy. He has toddler moments, but they are few and far between. He and Kyler are such good friends and are learning to play well together. They get along more an more as time goes on. It is fun for me to watch and listen to them when they are getting along.
Kadin is a smart boy (at least in my opinion). He can sing the alphabet, tell you how to spell his name, tell you when his birthday is, recite our phone number (no small feat because he has to include the area code since I still have a Utah phone number) and address, identify all the colors, and count to 14. He talks like a big boy. He says things like "Actually, I don't want to watch Jake. I want to watch Max and Ruby." I know that comes from listening to Kyler talk and wanting to be just like him. He has decided to no longer call his brother "Ky Ky." It wasn't ever what Eric and I called Kyler, Kadin just did it on his own and I always thought it was so cute. He won't do it anymore though, which kind of makes me sad.
Here is what I found out from his birthday interview
Favorite Food: Macaroni & Cheese
Favorite Sport: Soccer
Favorite Show: Max & Ruby and Jake & the Neverland Pirates
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Book: A Treasury of Curious George - it has 7 different Curious George stories in it and he loves it! We have read it before every nap and every night before bed for the last month.
Favorite Song: Jake & the Neverland Pirates
Favorite Friend: Mason
We love our little Kadin so much and are so happy he is our boy!

Until I saw the pictures in this post I never realized there was also a pirate border on the walls in their room! What a fun bedroom! And what a fun Mom!
ReplyDelete