Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Kyler had his first day of preschool at Miss Marsha's Mini School on Tuesday. He has been looking forward to getting back to preschool all summer long. It was no disappointment. He loved it!





Tuesday was orientation, which meant that it was only one hour long and I got to go with him. They read a book and sang some songs.


They also got to work on a craft, have a snack, and they got their school bags.


While the kids were snacking and crafting, the parents met with one of the teachers and went over some things. I'm excited for him! I think he will have a great time and learn a lot.

Later that day, we went out for ice cream cones to celebrate.


Thursday was NOT orientation which meant that I did NOT get to go with him. Was this hard on Kyler? Nope. Was it hard on mom? Yep. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but when he got to the door and turned around to wave at me, I burst into tears. I cried all the way home. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on, but at this point I don't even want to think about when I have to send this little guy off to Kindergarten....or FIRST GRADE! For now, I will just try to be fine with letting him go for 6 hours a week.


2 comments:

  1. Wait until the first day of junior high. That really tests your emotions. You've got awhile before that.He looks ready to be at preschool. He is such a smart little guy. Love ya big bunches! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the picture with him standing in front of the door with his feet making a 'T'. I think I've seen Eric stand like that many times. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete