Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kadin turns 2!

Yep, my baby is two years old! I can't believe it! The last two years have flown by. Kadin has been such an easy-going, sweet boy. Up to this point he has only thrown two major fits and they really haven't been that bad.

Kadin is a talker! He will say anything. There are a couple of words that he says that make me laugh. "Tevio" = radio and "Heareos" = heroes. Other than that, most things are pretty clear. He uses 4 and 5 word sentences now. It's fun to listen to him and Kyler have a conversation.

Kadin can count to 9. Sometimes he skips 5, but most of the time he gets it right. He has started to sing a lot of songs with us. He loves to finish the lines in the songs "Popcorn Popping," "Jingle Bells," and the Honey Bunch song. His favorite song to listen to in the car is the Oogie Boogie song from "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

He LOVES to read! His favorite book changes weekly, but right now it is "Blue Hat, Green Hat."

Kadin's favorite toys are balls, cars, and legos. He also really loves the Big Foot toy, cash register, and shopping cart that he got for Christmas.

Kadin loves every kind of fruit he has ever tried and likes almost every vegetable. He is a pretty good eater. Aside from fruit, his favorite foods are probably pizza and spaghetti. His favorite treat is sweedish fish.

When Kadin woke up the morning of his birthday, he was greeted by a room filled with balloons. Both he and Kyler were very happy with the surprise.



We kept it pretty low-key for Kadin's birthday. We figured he is still too young to care about a party so to celebrate the four of us had cake. I got a mini bundt cake pan for Christmas so I thought we would make some mini bundt cakes for his birthday. Kadin isn't a huge cake fan. He definitely liked blowing out the candles more than he liked the cake. I should have made him a cake made from fruit and he would have been in heaven.


We also skyped with my parents and my sister while Kadin opened his presents.




Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet little guy! We are so happy that you are a part of our family!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little guy!
    Also, I have to say that I love their Mickey PJ's. I actually have a pair in 12 month size for Cohen to wear when he gets that big.
    We have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadin's such a sweet kid! He looks like he had a fun birthday. I like knowing someone else loves Swedish Fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe he is already 2....it goes so fast. I love the mini bundt cake. You are such a good momma :)

    ReplyDelete