Kadin has always been an easy-going little boy. I know that I have been very lucky because up until today his tantrums have consisted of him telling us that he wants to throw a fit and then a little bit of crying that lasts for a few seconds. I knew that couldn't last forever. Today he threw his first real toddler-sized fit. He was mad that his morning bath had to end and he let me know about it. He kicked and screamed and rolled around on the floor for 10 minutes. He was inconsolable. I think I must have learned a thing or two from Kyler's many, many, many long-lasting tantrums. I didn't even get mad or frustrated. I mostly just felt bad for the poor kid. I decided that even though it wasn't the cutest or happiest moment of our day, it was a moment I wanted to remember so I grabbed my camera (after I did everything I could think of to cheer him up).
1 year ago

That was quite a fit, but he has learned from the master. Even in a fit, he is adorable. Love ya, Mimi
ReplyDeleteYes, you are very lucky if that is the first one he's thrown! Of course, I think you deserve to be lucky after Kyler gave you such a hard time. He's adorable.
ReplyDeleteOh girl...I feel your pain. My little guy told me the day when I put him in time out, "I hate you." I WAS SHOCKED! I didn't want to make an issue of it because I know he was WANTING a reaction from me but I have to admit...it cut me. OUCH! I was at least 12 before I told my Mom I hated her for the first time....I'm totally getting what I deserve for that I guess. This parenting stuff is tricky some days. Thank heavens the good moments make the bad ones worth it :)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck.