Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pirate Pants & Hair Cuts

Tonight Kyler told me he was going upstairs to get some of his pirate stuff. A few minutes later he called down to me. I asked what he needed and he asked "Do pirates wear pants?" I thought this was an odd question coming from the pirate expert. He has been a pirate for Halloween the last two years and he is always putting on his pirate costume. I went to the bottom of the stairs to find out what he was talking about and was greeted by quite the sight. Kyler was standing there in his pirate boots and nothing else! I'd post a picture if I could, but I think that would be totally inappropriate :)

Later tonight Kadin was having his hair cut and Kyler was playing with Eric's trimmer. He was turning it on and off and promised not to get it close to anything. There was a little incident with Elmo so we took it away. Eric finished Kadin's hair cut and we put both boys in the tub. When I washed Kyler's hair, I noticed what I thought was a little bald spot. He had his hair cut on Saturday so I thought maybe it was just cut a little too close. As I investigated, I noticed that the bald spot was actually bigger than I thought. I called Eric to look at it and he quickly realized that Kyler had shaved his own head. I didn't even think of that. I guess it is our fault for trusting him with the trimmer :)


While cleaning up, Eric found the clump of hair that Kyler had trimmed.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as though Kyler had an active evening. Not sure what pirate books he has been reading. Does Elmo have a bald spot also? Can't wait the see you guys! Love. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Dawn....these stories made me laugh out loud! Boys are so cute and funny. Lucky you....you have double the action. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha! Both stories are so cute and funny! But you're the dummies who let him play with trimmers! So did you have to shave his head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I can't wait to see this new haircut! I hope you took a picture of the pirate boots outfit. It will be good blackmail in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete