Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Day

Today Kyler kept telling people that it is "green day." These days he is very interested in what day of the week it is and what we do on that day. So when I told him that today is St. Patrick's day, he wondered what we were going to do. He has a book called "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" and in that book the kids make leprechaun traps and try to find the leprechaun's gold. Kyler thought that we should make leprechaun traps. I've never really gone all out to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I have a few decorations and we wear green, but I've never been one to dye the milk green and pretend there are leprechauns. Kyler seemed so excited about the idea so I decided we would have some fun.
For breakfast, we had green pancakes. Kyler loved them and ate more than usual, all because they were green. Kadin loved them because they are food and Kadin loves any food (except tuna fish).


Then we made leprechaun traps with legos and blocks. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't.
During Kyler's nap, I cut out some shamrocks and scattered them around the house. I hid some chocolate coins under rocks in our yard and put an X on those rocks (that is what happens in his book). He was so excited when he saw the shamrocks, but even more so when he found his chocolate coins. I had no idea how much we would both enjoy this little activity. I think it is something we will do every year.



1 comment:

  1. That's so fun! I'm lucky we remembered to wear green :)

    ReplyDelete