He is still as sweet as ever. He is a happy little guy who is constantly smiling at us, but he is quite serious with other people. He doesn't just hand out smiles to anyone. He has to study someone first and figure out if they are worthy of his smile :)
He is still working on crawling. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth and can propel himself forward a bit, but he can't quite figure out how to make his legs and arms work together to get him where he wants to go. He mostly rolls and twists to get himself around, and it works well.
Now that Kadin is a pro-sitter, he has started taking baths in the big tub with his brother. Both Kadin and Kyler have loved it! They have a great time and crack each other up.
Kadin has now sampled all the different kinds of baby food vegetables (sweet potatoes are his favorite) and has started the fruits. So far we have only given him bananas and he LOVES them. He will no longer eat plain old rice cereal. I have to mix bananas in with it to get him to eat it. He also thinks he should drink out of whatever kind of cup I am drinking out of. If I take a drink from my water bottle while holding him, he thinks he should get a drink too. And he likes to try to drink from Kyler's straw cups. Kyler doesn't think that is too great.
Much to my delight, he has started saying "ma ma ma." I know that it doesn't mean anything to him, but I'm still going to count it as his first word :)
Kadin is a great baby. My only complaint is that he still will not sleep through the night. There have only been a handful of times when he has actually slept through the night. I could handle it a lot better if it was always just once a night and if he would go back to sleep after eating, but he almost always wakes up between 1:00 and 3:00 and often won't go back to sleep for an hour or so. And sometimes he gets up a second time. Oh well. It won't last forever, right? (please don't tell me any horror stories)
Here is how our cute boys compare at 7 months

He is so cute and I can't believe he's so close to crawling! You're lucky he said Ma Ma first. Both mine said Da da, and Mason likes to tease me with it, saying Da da and then laughing. Your boys definitely look like brothers, but I still don't think they look alike :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see my cute boys in person! Looking forward to playing with them and kissing them. Love ya, Mimi
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie for sure. This age is so fun because their starting to learn and grow so much but their also still you're little baby.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your boys are adorable and definitely have their own look. Kadin isn't the little Eric clone like Kyler was.