Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Skippers"

When we were in Utah over Thanksgiving we stopped in at Seagull Book to get Kyler some scripture story books. He has adored them! After a couple of days he could tell the stories of Ammon and Samuel (his favorites). By the time Christmas rolled around he had added Nephi and the Brass plates, Lehi finding the liahona (yeeahona), and Abinidi to the stories he would so animatedly tell. We thought it was so cute that we went back to Seagull to buy him another book with bible stories. He loves the stories of Jonah and David and Goliath (guywiff). He calls these books his skippers.

Kyler gets a little shy around new people so to bring him out of his shell we ask him to tell them about Ammon. Suddenly he comes to life. I love it! I have been trying to capture the story-telling on camera for quite some time, but have had no success. I finally talked him into doing it, but it is not as funny as it is in person. If you are one of the lucky ones who have heard him tell the stories, you know what I am talking about. He gets so excited and uses this funny, growly voice and motions wildly with his hands. In these videos he is pretty calm, but it is still cute to hear his little voice tell those stories.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that he knows his scripture stories! Madelyn loved watching these videos.

    ReplyDelete