Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kadin Eric Anderson

Kadin was born on February 15th at 11:05am. He weighed 8lbs, 2oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.

Because I had to have a c-section with Kyler, Kadin had to be a c-section baby as well. It made it nice in that we knew for a few months what his birthday would be. It was nice to have that all planned out. Originally my c-section was scheduled for the 16th, but due to a death in my doctor's family we moved it up a day. It was bit of a scramble to get my mom's flight changed so she could be here to watch Kyler, but it all worked out. Eric picked her up from the airport and brought her back to our house and half an hour later we were on our way to the hospital. A c-section is also nice because you get there and have the surgery and the baby is there - no wondering how long you're going to be in labor. That is where the benefits of a c-section stop!
I'm sure Eric would add one more benefit and that would be that he gets to watch the surgery. With Kyler he couldn't see very well. He told Dr. Lewis he wanted to watch so she gave him a whole lesson and explained every little thing she did (such an awesome doctor - love her!). I wouldn't want to see it, but Eric loved it.
This c-section has me thinking there will be no more Anderson children, which makes me really sad, but it was rough! The recovery seems to be much harder this time around. Perhaps time will make me forget, but at this point we may have to consider adoption if we want to add to our little family. We'll see how it goes.
We came home from the hospital on Wednesday. I was so happy to get out of there! It wasn't a bad hospital, but I just wanted to be home. We had a wonderful nursery nurse for Kadin who was so nice and supportive and caring. I wish I could have brought her home with us. Too bad it doesn't work that way. We are home and doing well. Kadin is a good little boy so far. He cries much, much less than Kyler did and he is quite a sleeper. Hopefully this good luck lasts.
I am so happy to have my two little boys. They are wonderful blessings and I'm grateful to have been trusted with their little lives!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all! How wonderful to have new baby Kadin. Having 2 little ones after a c-section is much different than 1. It is great that your mom is there to help out. Give yourself lots of time to heal. I had to keep remembering that but it is so important not only for you but for the boys as well. Cute cute picture of Kyler on the header too.

    Again congrats~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and best wishes! Both boys are lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is gorgeous! I hope you start feeling better soon- I'm glad you have your mom and Sallie to help out for a little while. Good luck with everthing!
    I thought maybe I'd start to forget how bad it was after a while, but when Noah turned 5.. I just had my uterus taken out. (I don't think I'll ever forget.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header picture! Seriously if you need ANYTHING please call! I definitely know how it feels to "need" someone when you feel like there is no one there so DO NOT hesitate!

    ReplyDelete