Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chef Kyler


The red cupboard you see on the left belonged to my Grandma Thomsen. I have many fond memories of playing in her basement with my cousins and using this cupboard and many of the dishes and pretend food items that are in this picture. I was sad to hear she was getting rid of the cupboard, but thrilled when she offered it to me! (Thanks Grandma!) I wasn't even married at that point so I shrink wrapped it and put it in my parent's shed for storage. I was so excited to get that cupboard out of storage when Eric and I moved into our first house, even though we didn't yet have kids to play with it. Eric knew how much I loved that little cupboard and for one of my birthdays he bought me the other little kitchen set you see and some plastic food and dishes (also before we had children). Now Kyler spends hours playing in his kitchen. He loves to make dinner for us and his family (that is what he is calling his gang of stuffed animals these days). I love sitting in his little kitchen with him and watching him cook. Maybe he will be an amazing cook just like his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment